Lake Eyre in a Day - new flights will be released when there is water in the lake, western rivers & channel country.
Flights are not operating at present as there is little or no water in Lake Eyre.
Flights will resume when we have some wonderful rain come down the western rivers to Lake Eyre. Email email@example.com if you would like to go on our mailing list.
Join Graham from Brisbane Airport in a Fairchild Metro 23 and he will share his knowledge on the river systems, deserts, & properties along the way.
Another highlight of course, is a visit to the iconic Birdsville Hotel.
This trip is so much more than just seeing Lake Eyre. As Graham says “it’s not all about the water in Lake Eyre but the journey of the water to Lake Eyre”!
This is a fantastic day out and a great taste of the Outback – you’ll love it!
Departing Brisbane on your journey to see Lake Eyre, one of Australia’s true natural wonders with a basin area encompassing three states, covering approximately 1.2 million square kilometres. Can you imagine a great lake, right in Australia’s centre, which is around the size of Italy, France and Germany combined! Graham’s commentary will have you enthralled about the vastness of not only the lake but of the river systems and properties in outback Australia.
The historically dry Lake Eyre transforms into a water life oasis, so join us to witness life returning to Australia’s desert. Graham says, “It’s not just about the water in Lake Eyre, it’s the journey of the water to get there”.
This amazing flight, as seen on “Queensland Weekender” (view article here) offers a unique experience to view this water mass and natural wonder from the air, including the Cooper Creek Channel Country and Lake Yamma Yamma, the largest lake in Queensland.
We also stop off at the famous desert township of Birdsville to enjoy a visit to the iconic outback pub – the Birdsville Hotel.
Once you’ve experienced seeing Lake Eyre, take a look through Jenny Greentree’s eyes http://backobourkegallery.com.au
- Breathtaking aerial views of magnificent Lake Eyre, Cooper Creek Channel Country & Lake Yamma Yamma
- Lake Eyre commentary by Graham Reid, whose passion for the outback and western river systems is evident in his brilliant commentary (as seen on Queensland Weekender)
- Flying in a chartered Fairchild Metro 23 aircraft from Brisbane - single seats all with windows
- Clear & interesting commentary by Graham
- In-flight light breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, lunch & light evening meal
- Visit to the iconic Birdsville Hotel
- Lake Eyre souvenir brochure