Air Tours to Outback Australia & the Kimberley showcase Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (the Olgas), Broome, Kununurra, Coober Pedy, Longreach, Birdsville and Alice Springs. Limited to 16 passengers and catering for non-smokers only.Travel West Air Safari - RM Williams Tracks Magazine
Air Tours to Outback Australia & the Kimberley
Professionally escorted by Graham & Deb from Travel West, this 11 day-10 night journey begins at the Brisbane Jet Base where you will board your privately chartered Metroliner 23. 16 guests are guaranteed a window seat for the entire tour and the first of many highlights will be flying low over the Carnarvon Gorge Range enroute to Longreach. Visit the Stockman's Hall of Fame, Qantas Founders Museum and cruise the Thomson River. Have you ever wanted to visit a real outback pub, then Birdsville will tick that off your list. After an afternoon & evening in Birdsville we fly over Lake Eyre to Coober Pedy...Opal Capital of the World. Alice Springs is our first stop in Outback Australia and here we'll visit the National Road Transport Hall of Fame which also incorporates the Old Ghan Train Railway Museum and the magnificent Kenworth Dealer Truck Museum. The Kimberley beckons and we fly over the Argyle Diamond Mine and Bungle Bungles before landing in Kununurra. Whilst here visit one or more of the Argyle diamond shops and also enjoy a day with award winning Triple J Tours and cruise down the Ord River. A highlight of your journey with Travel West is flying over the Horizontal Falls whilst they're flowing, described by David Attenborough as one of the greatest natural wonders of the world. Broome is our next stop where we'll visit the Willie Creek Pearl Farm and see some exquisite examples of pearls. Staying at the Cable Beach Club Resort & Spa you will have some time to relax and stroll along Cable Beach & witness one of it's famous sunsets. Uluru (formerly known as Ayers Rock) is our final destination for this journey and on our last night together you will experience the "Sounds of Silence". A brief stopover will be made in Charleville before you're back in Brisbane and onto your next adventure....perhaps seeing part of these great landscapes on a 4WD Birdsville Innamincka Tag Tour with Graham & Deb!
Graham will provide commentary & entertain you all the way with history, geography and stories about driving road trains & carting cattle in the Kimberley and the Territory. Deb will also be around to ensure your tour runs smoothly and you have the best experience in Australia's Outback.
- Professionally escorted by Graham & Deb, owners of Travel West
- Graham's clear & interesting commentary for entire trip
- 1 nt Longreach - Thomson River Cruise, Stockman's Hall of Fame & Qantas Founders Museum
- 1 nt Birdsville - iconic Birdsville Hotel
- Fly over Lake Eyre - hear about the western river systems that feed into the lake
- 1 nt Coober Pedy - Opals
- 1 night Alice Springs - National Road Transport Hall of Fame & Old Ghan Museum
- Bungle Bungles & Lake Argyle
- 2 nts Kununurra - Argyle Diamonds
- Ord River, Horizontal Falls, Buccaneer Archipelago
- 2 nts Broome - Willie Creek Pearl Farm & Cable Beach
- 2 nts Ayers Rock Resort - Uluru (Ayers Rock), Kata Tjuta (Olgas) & 'Sounds of Silence'.
- Careful planning and experienced escorting by Travel West's Graham and Deb, who accompany all departures, providing interesting commentary all the way - history, geography and stories of road-train driving days in the Kimberley and the Territory. Deb's attention to detail with your accommodation, meals and tours will ensure an unforgettable journey.
- Tour price includes private chartered air travel with guaranteed window seat, all motel accommodation, meals, transfers and entrance fees